Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and the 34th Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai), on the southern side of the Cauveri River. In this shrine, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Uma Maheswarar, Sri Maamani Eswarar, Sri Bhoomi Nathar
- Ambal:Sri Angavala Nayagi, Sri Mangala Nayagi, Sri Thega Soundari
- Theertham (Holy water):Sakthi Theertham / Bhoomi Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Peepal tree (Arasa maram) / Vilvam
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by:Saint Thirugnanasambanthar-1 and Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar)-1.
- Location : Thirunallam (Konerirajapuram),Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
The special Swayambu metal Natarajar-the largest in the world-makes this temple very famous.
This west facing temple has two corridors and its main tower does not have any tiers. In place of the Gopuram, there is a beautiful sculpture depicting Lord Shiva, Goddess Parvathy, Vinayakar and Murugan.
The last ceremony of consecration (Maha Kumbabishekam) took place on 29.05.2015 and before, on 04.02.2001.