Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and the 37th Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai), on the southern bank of the Cauveri River. In this shrine, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Sonnavaaru Arivar, Sri Uktha Vedeeswarar
- Ambal:Sri Mukizhambikai, Sri Parimala Sugandha Nayaki, Sri Arumpanna Valamulaiyal
- Theertham (Holy water):Sundara Theertham, River Kaveri
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Kayilai tree/ Uththala tree
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by :Saint Thirugnanasambanthar, Saint Thirunavukarasar and Saint Sundaramurthy.
- Location: Thiruthuruthi (Kutthalam),Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
This is Petra Sthalam Moovar Paadal. The main tower (Rajagopuram) facing the west of this temple has 5-thirds and it has 2 corridors. The principal tower of Goddess Parvathy has three-tiers and a single passage.
On 01.02.1960, the Last Consecration Ceremony (Kumbabishekam) took place.
Uththala Vanam, which was altered over a period of time to Kuththalam, is the historical name of this town.