Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 40th Shiva Sthalam at Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai) on the southern bank of the Cauveri River. In this temple, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Thurai Kaattum Vallalar, Sri Uchira Vaneswarar
- Ambal:Sri Thurai Kaattum Valli, Sri Veyuru Tholi Amman
- Theertham (Holy water):Cauveri river, Meygnana Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Vizhal plants
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by :Saint Thirugnanasambanthar.
- Location: Thiru Vilanagar, Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
A 5-tiered main tower (Rajagopuram) has this east-facing temple and it has 2 corridors.
On 02.02.1959, the last ceremony of consecration (Kumbabishekam) took place.
“According to legend, this area was densely covered in ancient times by” Vizhal plants “(a type of grass). For this reason, this place is called Vizhal Nagar who was later changed to Vila Nagar.