Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Thirumuruganatheeswarar Temple is dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva in Thirumuruganpoondi, a panchayat town in Tiruppur district in Tamil Nadu southern Indian state.
- Moolavar:Sri Avudainayagar /Sri Thirumuruganathar
- Ambal:Sri Avudainayaki /Sri MuyangupoonMulayammai
- Thala Virutcham (Sacred Tree):Gurukkathi / Mullai
- Theertham:Shanmuga Theertham, Gnana Theertham, Brahmma Theertham
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by:Saint Sundaramurthy Nayanar (Sundarar).
- Location:Thirumuruganpoondi, Avinashi,Tiruppur,Tamil Nadu.
This is one of Kongu Nadu’s 276 Thevara Paadal Petra Sthalams, and 2nd Shiva Sthalam.
The corridors feature sanctuaries for Saneeswarar, Navagrahas, Bairavar, Pancha Linganms, Suryan, Sandikeswarar, Dhakshinamoorthy, Bhavaneeswarar, 63 Nayanmars, Durgai and Lingothbavar.
At the entrance to the shrine of Lord Shiva you can see two Sundarar idols-one sad and the other joyous, representing his state of mind before and after the incident. As a Hunter (Veduvan) there is also the idol of Lord Shiva.