Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and the 6th Shiva Sthalam at Chozha Nadu (Vadakarai) on the northern side of the River Cauvery.
In this shrine, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolvar:Sri Thirumeni Azhagar, Sri Somasundareswarar
- Ambal:Sri Vadivambikai
- Theertham (Holy water):Mahendra Pushkarini
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Vilvam
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by:Saint Thirugnanasambanthar.
- Location:Mahendirapalli,Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
The main tower (Rajagopuram) of this east facing temple has 3-thirds, and it has a single passage.
The last Service of Consecration was held on 22.01.1999.
This is a small temple on the seashore and it was newly restored. The temple is on the Kollidam river ‘s Southern banks. Around 2 km downstream from this temple, this river merges with the sea.