Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of Nadu Naadu’s 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams, and 1st Shiva Sthalam. Lord Shiva in this temple is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi. This is one of the 44 Paadal petra sthalams in which the “Moovar” (the three saints-Saint Thirugnanasambanthar, Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar) and Saint Sundaramurthy (Sundarar) made their Pathigam.
- Moolavar : Theerthapureeswarar – Anandeeswarar
- Amman / Thayar : Tiripurasundari
- Thala Virutcham : Banyan tree
- Theertham : Neela Malar Poigai, Vada Vellaru
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Tiruvattathurai
- Location : Tiruvattathurai,Cuddalore,Tamil Nadu.
In this temple was blessed Saint Thirugnanasambanthar with Muthu Pallaku, Muthu Kodai, and Muthu Chinnam.
As it is believed that the serpent Adisheshan worshipped the Lord here, this place is known as “Aravathurai” (“Aravam” in Tamil meaning snake). The ancient name for this place is Thirunelvayil Arathurai. Now it’s named the village Thiruvattathurai.
This temple ‘s holy tree is a banyan-tree. This tree is believed to represent the constellation “Maham nakshatram” (Maham). Because of this, this temple is famous for its devotees born during the Maham nakshatram era.