Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and the 46th Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai), on the southern bank of the Cauveri River. In this temple, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Thanthondreeswarar, Sri Swayambhu Nathar
- Ambal:Sri Vaalnedungkannammai, Sri Katka Nethri Ambal
- Theertham (Holy water):Kumudha Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Sarakondrai, Vilva and Paakku trees
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by :Saint Thirugnanasambanthar, Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar).
- Location: Aakkur, Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
This is Sirappuli Nayanar’s place of birth, one of the revered 63 Nayanmars.
This temple is counted as one of the 70 King Kochengat Cholan built Maadak Koils.
This temple facing the east has two halls, with its main tower (Rajagopuram) having 3-thirds.