Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and the 42nd Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai), on the southern bank of the Cauveri River. In this temple, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Swarnapureeswarar, Sri Semponpalliyar
- Ambal:Sri Sugantha Kunthalambikai, Sri Suganthavana Nayaki, Sri Maruvar kuzhali Amman
- Theertham (Holy water):Surya Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Vanni, Vilvam
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by:Saint Thirugnanasambanthar and Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar).
- Location: Thiruchemponpalli (Sembanar Koil),Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
This temple is counted as one of the King Kochengat Cholan established Maadak Koils.
There is no main tower (Rajagopuram) in this east facing temple but it has a beautiful arch at the entrance. The temple has a single passageway and it has no flag post.
In the year 2007, the last consecration ceremony (Kumbabishekam) took place.