Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 97th Shiva Sthalam on the southern bank of the Cauveri River in Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai).
This temple facing east has two halls, and it has 5-thirds of its main tower (Rajagopuram).
- Moolavar:Sri Swarnapureeswarar, Sri Sempon Nathar.
- Ambal:Sri Swarnambikai, Sri Sivambigai, Sri Sivasekari, Sri Poornambikai.
- Theertham (Holy water):Thirisula Gangai, Sorna Gangai (well), river Kudamurutti.
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Vanni tree
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by: Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar).
- Location: Kaduvaikarai Puthur (Aandankoil) , Thiruvarur, Tamil Nadu.
This ancient temple is on the banks of the Kudamurutti Canal. Earlier the name of this river was “Kaduvai,” hence Kaduvai Karai Puthur is named for this location. “Karai” means bank and “Puthur” means Tamil village.
Apart from the shrines of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvathy, the shrines and idols of Siddhi Vinayakar, Sorna Vinayakar, Murugan and his consorts, Natarajar, Mahalakshmi, Chandran, Musukundan, Roma rishi, Sunda Devar, Nalvar with Sekkizhar, Dakshina Kailasa Nathar,In the main hall and corridors one can see Uthira Kailasa Nathar, Arunachaleswarar, Kasi Viswanathar with Visaalakshi, Navagraham, Saraswathi, Durgai, Suryan and Bairavar.
Idols of Narthana Vinayakar, Dakshinamurthy, Lingothbavar, Brahma and Vishnu Durgai can be seen in the “koshtam” (place surrounding the sanctum sanctorum).