Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 49th Shiva Sthalam on the Southern bank of the river Cauveri in Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai). In this temple, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Thirumeniyazhagar, Sri Sundareswarar
- Ambal:Sri Soundara Nayaki, Sri Santha Nayaki
- Theertham (Holy water):Deva Theertham, Chandra Pushkarini and Sea
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Punnai tree
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by:Saint Thirugnanasambanthar.
- Location:Thiruvettakudi, Puducherry.
This temple facing east has a 5-tier main tower (Rajagopuram) and has a single corridor. The last consecration ceremony (Kumbabishekam) took place on 28.05.1999.
This place is called Thiruvettakkudi (“Thiru” is a respectful prefix, “Vedan” means hunter and “Kudi” means village in Tamil) as Lord Shiva came to this place in the form of a hunter.
This place is also referred to as “Ambikapuram” because it is believed that Goddess Parvathy was born in the family of a fisherman (“Ambikai” means goddess and “puram” means village in Tamil) in this place.