Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and the 8th Shiva Sthalam at Chozha Nadu (Vadakarai) on the northern side of the River Cauvery. In this shrine, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Sundareswarar
- Ambal:Sri Sundarambal, Sri Azhagammai, Sri Azhaguvana Mulaiyammai
- Theertham (Holy water):Ambuli Theertham / Chandra Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Vilvam tree
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by:Saint Thirugnanasambanthar.
- Location: Thirukkalikkamur (Annappan Pettai),Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
This temple facing the east does not have a main tower (Rajagopuram), but at the entrance it has a magnificent arch.
No Flag post (Kodimaram) is accessible here. The last Ceremony of Consecration (Maha Kumbabishekam) was held on 09.02.2017.
This ancient temple is set on the Uppanaru River ‘s southern banks. This temple is near the Bay of Bengal, near Poompuhar, too.