Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 60th Shiva Sthalams in Chozha Nadu on the Cauveri (Thenkarai) river’s southern side.
In this temple Lord Shiva is a lingam of the Daiviga (Dhivya).
- Moolavar:Sri Sukshumapureeswarar, Sri Mangalanathar, Sri Chirukudiesar, Sri Kalyanasundaresar
- Ambal:Sri Mangalanayaki
- Theertham (Holy water):Surya Theertham / Mangala Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Vilvam tree
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by:Saint Thirugnanasambanthar.
- Location:Sirukudi,Thiruvarur, Tamil Nadu
The main tower (Rajagopuram) of this east facing temple has 3-thirds, and it has a single passage.
This temple contains no flag post (Dwajasthambam).
The last Ceremony of Consecration (Kumbabishekam) was held on 22.05.2013.
Pannan, a landlord and a neighbour of Chola King Killi Valavan is believed to be the birthplace of this. Pannan is known for his philanthropic efforts. In the literary works of the Sangam period he was lauded-” Akananuru “and” Purananuru.