Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Sivalokanathar temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to the Shiva deity, situated in Gramam, a village in Villupuram district in Tamil Nadu, South Indian state. Shiva is worshipped as Sivalokanathar, and the lingam is represented here. He is portrayed as Soundaranayagi by his consort Parvati.
- Moolavar : Sivalokanathar, Mundeeswarar, Mudiswarar
- Amman / Thayar :Soundaryanayaki, Kanarkuzhali,Selvambikai
- Thala Virutcham : Vanni
- Theertham : Brahmma theertham
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Mundeeswaram
- Location : Gramam,Viluppuram, Tamil Nadu.
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams at Nadu Naadu and 19th Shiva Sthalam.
Lord Shiva in that temple is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
This temple is situated on the Malattaru Southern Bank (Pennai River), now known as Malattaar. This place was once the capital of Mudiyur Nadu according to the stone inscriptions available in this temple.