Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 20th Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Vadakarai) on the northern bank of the Cauvery River. In this shrine, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Shivalokanathar
- Ambal:Sri Sokkanayaki Amman, Sri Soundaranayaki
- Theertham (Holy water):Punka Theertham, Rishaba Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Punka tree
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by:Saint Thirugnanasambanthar, Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar) and Saint Sundaramurthy (Sundarar).
- Location: Thiruppunkur, Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
This is one of the 44 Paadal petra sthalams in which the Moovar (the three saints-Saint Thirugnanasambanthar, Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar) and Saint Sundaramurthy (Sundarar) make their Pathigams.
The Nandhi is massive in this temple and is positioned a little distance away from its usual location to give Nanthanar, one of the 63 Nayanmars, from outside the temple, a clear view of the lord.
This temple facing east has three halls, and it has 5-thirds of its main tower (Rajagopuram).