Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 59th Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu on Southern bank of the river Cauveri (Thenkarai).Lord Shiva in this temple is a Swayambumurthi (self-manifested).
- Moolavar:Sri Seshapureeswarar, Sri Pampuranathar
- Ambal:Sri Vanduserkuzhali Ammai, Sri Bramarambigai
- Theertham (Holy water):Adhishesha Theertham/ Naga theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Vanni tree
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by:Saint Thirugnanasambanthar.
- Location:Thiruppampuram, Thiruvarur, Tamil Nadu.
This is a very famous “Raghu-Kethu” dosham Parihara sthalam. Often popularly referred to as “South Kalahasthi”
This temple is facing east and has 2 corridors and a 3-tiered main tower (Rajagopuram). The last Ceremony of Consecration (Kumbabishekam) was held on 10.04.2017 and before that on 11.09.2002.
The name “Thiru Pampuram” of this place is derived from “Pampu” + “Puam”-” Pampu “means snake and” Puram “means place in Tamil. “Thiru” is a reverent prefix.