Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Thiruparankundram, Sathyakireeswarar temple is a 276 Sivalayam temple and is situated in Thiruparankundram, Madurai district, Tamil Nadu state, India.
- Moolavar : Sathyakireeswarar(Parankundranathar)
- Urchavar : Somaskandar
- Amman / Thayar : Aavudai Nayaki
- Thala Virutcham : Kallathi
- Theertham : 11 Theerthas including Saravana Poigai
- Agamam / Pooja : Kameekam, Karanam
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Then Param Kundram
- Location : Thiruparankundram,Madurai,Tamil Nadu.
Mother Ambica agreed to kill demon Mahishasura who was threatening the Devas. She took nine forms, battled with the demon for nine days and killed him.
She had to incur the Brahmmahati Dosha for murdering the demon and sought the mercy of Lord Shiva. Lord said that He was in this hill and urged Mother to worship Him for liberation from the dosha.
Mother did so by mounting a Shivalinga. Lord granted darshan to Mother and liberation from the dosha.
Supreme Lord Shiva is in the shape of a hill praised as Param Kundra Nathar and the location Parankundram. In Tamil, kundram means hill.