Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and the 63rd Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai), on the southern bank of the Cauvery River. In this temple, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Sarguna Natheswarar.
- Ambal:Sri Sarvanga Sundari.
- Theertham (Holy water):Yama Theertham.
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Vilvam tree.
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by: Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar)-1
- Location:Karuvili Kottitai (Karuveli), Thiruvarur, Tamil Nadu.
At the entrance, this east-facing temple has a beautiful arch and has 3-tiers of its main tower (Rajagopuram).
This temple has a single corridor and does not have a “Dwajasthambam” flag post.
The last ceremony of consecration (Maha Kumbabishekam) was held on 30.06.2017 and before that on 14.07.2008.