Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and the 75th Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai), on the southern bank of the Cauveri River. In this temple, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Agneeswarar, Sri Konappiraan,Sri Saranyapureeswarar, Sri Punnagavana Nathar
- Ambal:Sri Karuntharkuzhali, Sri Choolikambal
- Theertham (Holy water):Agni Theertham, Bana Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Punnai tree
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by :Saint Thirugnanasambanthar-2,Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar)-5,Saint Sundaramurthy (Sundarar)-1.
- Location: Thiru Pugalur, Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
This is one of the 44 Paadal petra sthalams in which the Moovar (the three saints-Saint Thirugnanasambanthar, Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar) and Saint Sundaramurthy (Sundarar) made their Pathigams.
This is Saint Muruga Nayanar ‘s birthplace, among the 63 Nayanmars.
This temple facing east has 2 halls, with its main tower (Rajagopuram) having 5-thirds.