Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and the 15th Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Vadakarai) on the northern side of the Cauvery river. In this shrine, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Thalapureeswarar, Sri Shabdapureeswarar, Thiru Thalam Udaiyar
- Ambal:Sri Osai Nayaki Ambal, Sri Osai Kodutha Nayaki, Sri Thvaniprathambal
- Theertham (Holy water):Surya Theertham, Ananda Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Kondrai
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by :Saint Thirugnanasambanthar and Saint Sundaramurthy (Sundarar).
- Location: Thirukkolakka,Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
There is no main tower (Rajagopuram) or dwajasthambam (flag post) in this Temple facing east. But at the entrance, there is an arch.
Golden plates (‘thalam’) were obtained by Saint Thirugnanasambanthar from Lord Shiva here.
This temple is traditionally called Thirukkolakka. Now it’s known as Thiru Thalam Udayar Koil though.