Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 45th Shiva Sthalam at Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai) on the southern bank of the Cauveri River. In this temple, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
This temple is counted as one of the King Kochengat Cholan established Maadak Koils.
- Moolavar:Sri Sankaaranyeswarar, Sri Sankarunatheswarar,Sri Sankavana Nathar
- Ambal:Sri Soundhara Nayaki, Sri Brahath Sundaraambigai
- Theertham (Holy water):Sangu Theertham, River Cauvery
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Purasu tree
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by:Saint Thirugnanasambanthar.
- Location: Thalaichangadu,Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
There are two corridors to this east facing temple and it has no main tower.
The last ceremony of consecration (Kumbabishekam) was held on 26.05.2010 and before that on 27.01.2003.
This ancient temple is neighbouring Poompuhar. This place is famous as the birthplace of one of the Sangam epics, “Madala Marayavan”, a character from Silapathikaram.