Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and the 29th Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Vadakarai), on the northern side of the Cauvery River. In this shrine, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Rathnapureeswarar, Sri Maanikkavannar
- Ambal:Sri Vandamar Poonguzhal Nayagi, Sri Brahma Kundhalambikai
- Theertham (Holy water):Brahma Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Vaakai tree
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by:Saint Thirugnanasambanthar-2, Saint Sundaramurthy (Sundarar)-1.
- Location : Thiruvazhkoliputhur (Thiruvalapputhur), Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
Popular for Goddess Ashtapuja Durgai, this temple is.
There is no main tower (Rajagopuram) in this east facing temple but there is a lovely arch at the entry.
There is no Kodimaram (Flag Post) here. The last ceremony of consecration (Kumbabishekam) was held on 08.09.2005, and before that on 01.09.1985.
The historical name of this place is Thiruvazhkoliputhur. However, it is now changed to Thiruvalapputhur.