Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and the 78th Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai), on the southern bank of the Cauveri River. In this temple, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Payatra Nathar, Sri Payatreeswarar, Sri Mukthapureeswarar.
- Ambal:Sri Kaviyangkanni Ammai, Sri Nethrambigai.
- Theertham (Holy water):Devi Theertham, Karuna theertham.
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Silanthi tree.
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by :Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar).
- Location: Thiruppayatrur (Thiru Payatrangudi),Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
This temple, facing east, has a single corridor and there are no levels in its main tower. There are beautiful sculptures depicting the ‘panchamoorthy’ (Lord Shiva, Goddess Parvathy, Vinayakar Murugan and Ankarakan) in place of the Gopuram.
No flag post (“Dwajasthambam”) is on this temple. On 06.06.2011 and before that, on 20.08.1975, the last consecration ceremony (Maha Kumbabishekam) took place.
Thiruppayatrur is the historical name of this place, but it is now known as Thiruppayathankudi.