Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 35th Shiva Sthalam on the northern bank of the Cauvery River in Chozha Nadu (Vadakarai).
- Moolavar :Pasupatheeswarar, Aswanthanathar,Avurudayar
- Amman / Thayar : Venu Bhujambikai, Kambanaya tholi
- Thala Virutcham : Sara Kondrai
- Theertham : Surya Theertham
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Pandanai Nallur
- Location : Pandanallur,Thanjavur,Tamil Nadu.
This temple facing east has two halls, and it has 5-thirds of its main tower (Rajagopuram).
The last Ceremony of Consecration (Maha Kumbabishekam) was performed on 06.07.2003.
There are stone inscriptions here which date back to the Rajarajan-I, Vikraman, Rajathirajan-II, Kulothungan-III and Rajarajan-III periods of Chola kings. There are also a number of stone inscriptions from the Vijayanagara dynasty.