Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 10th Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Vadakarai) on the northern bank of the Cauvery River. In this shrine, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi. Poompuhar is the location where the Cauveri River enters the Bay of Bengal.
- Moolavar:Sri Pallavaneeswarar, Sri Pallavanathar.
- Ambal:Sri Soundarya Nayagi.
- Theertham (Holy water):Jaanavi Theertham, Sangama Theertham (river Cauvery).
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Mullai (Jasmine).
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by :Saint Thirugnanasambanthar.
- Location: Thiruppallavaneecharam (Poompuhar), Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu
This is Saint Pattinathar ‘s Birthplace. There are two corridors in this east facing temple and there are 5-tiers in its main tower (Rajagopuram). No flag post (Kodimaram) can be found here.
The last Ceremony of Consecration (Maha Kumbabishekam) was performed on 17.03.2008 and before that on 05.04.1995 and 20.08.1958.
The Bay of Bengal faces the mosque. River Kaveri joins the sea very close to this temple, thus the spot around it is called “Pattinam Kaveri Puhum.”