Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
The Temple of Sri Palaivananathar is in Thiruppaalaitturai, Papanasam, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu.
- Moolavar : Palaivaneswarar
- Amman / Thayar :Thavalavennagaiyal (devotees endearinglycall Her Thavalambigai and Thavalambal
- Thala Virutcham :Palm tree and Palai; Palai is not in existence now
- Theertham :Vasishta theertham, Indira theertham and Yama theertham.
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Tirupalaithurai
- Location : Papanasam,Thanjavur,Tamil Nadu.
It is believed to be one of 275 Paadal Petral Stalams. Circular cum 400year-old Conical Granary can store 3000 Kalams of Grain. One of the 17 temples Devaram Praised to be named after a Tree.
The rishis who pursued Mukthi, Lord Shiva and Parvathi took the form of Bikshandar and Mohini, to test the magnitude of penance. The rishis, angry at finding them, produced a Yagna Tiger and let go of the fierce animal upon them.
It was here at Thiru Palithurai that Lord Shiva killed the Tiger and appeared before the rishis with the Tiger’s skin as his dress.