Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Bhaktajaneswarar Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to the Shiva deity, situated in Poondi, a village in Viluppuram district in Tamil Nadu, South Indian state. Shiva is worshipped as Bhaktajaneswarar, and the lingam represents her. Shown as Manonmani Amman is his consort Parvati.
- Moolavar: Sri Naavaleeswarar, Sri Bhakta Janeswarar, Sri Jambu Natheswarar.
- Ambal: Sri Manonmani, Sri Sundaranayaki, Sri Naavalambigai
- Theertham (Holy water):Gadilam River, Gomukhi Theertham, River Garuda.
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree): Naaval (Jambu)
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by: Saint Sundaramurthy Nayanar (Sundarar).
- Location: Tirunavalur, Viluppuram,Tamil Nadu.
This is one of Nadu Naadu’s 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams, and 8th Shiva Sthalam.
In this temple Lord Shiva is a Swayambumurthi (self-manifested) who is believed to have appeared among the Jambu trees (Naaval).
This is Saint Sundaramurthy Nayanar ‘s birthplace, one of the four great Saints (Nalvar), and one of the 63 Nayanmars.