Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This temple is 1000-2000 years old temple. Lord Shiva is Swayambu in the temple. While Lord Vishnu honours the devotees in the temples with Discus and Conch, here with the Chakra (disc) and the Sangu (shell), Lord Muruga blesses the devotees. This is Pugazh Thunai Nayanar ‘s birthplace, one of the famous 63 Nayanmars.
- Moolavar : Padikasu Nathar(Sornapureeswarar)
- Urchavar : Somaskandar
- Amman / Thayar : Azhagammai
- Thala Virutcham : Vilwa
- Theertham : Amirtha Pushkarini
- Agamam / Pooja : Shivagama
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Arisilkaraipudur
- Location : Aalagaputhur,Thanjavur,Tamil Nadu.
Sornapureeswarar or Swarnapureeswarar is the main deity in this temple and Alagaammai is his consort in this temple. Swayambumurthy is Lord Shiva in the temple.
Here, with the disc and egg, Lord Muruga blesses the devotees. Sthalavruksham is a Vilva. There are three tiers of the temple. Rajagopuram Lord Shiva decided to put an end to the rising crimes of the demons, send Lord Muruga to destroythem.