Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and the 30th Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Vadakarai), on the northern side of the Cauvery River. In this shrine, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Neelakandeswarar
- Ambal:Sri Amudhakara Valli
- Theertham (Holy water):Brahma Theertham, river Manniyaru and river Kollidam
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Iluppai tree
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by :Saint Sundaramurthy Nayanar (Sundarar).
- Location:Thiru Pazha Mannippadikkarai(Iluppaippattu),Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
There are two corridors in this east-facing temple and its main tower (Rajagopuram) has three-tiers.
On 30.08.2009 the last ceremony of consecration (Maha Kumbabishekam) was performed.
This area is thought to have been thickly populated with Iluppai trees in ancient times.