Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
One of the most famous Hindu temples dedicated to Lord Muruga and a candidate for the unofficial seventh Padaiveedu of Muruga, along with the famous Arupadaiveedu, is the Sikkal Singara Velar Temple. It is one of the few traditional Hindu temples that, in the same complex, has both Shiva and Vishnu deities.
- Moolavar:Sri Navaneetheswarar, Sri Vennai Lingeswarar.
- Ambal:Sri Satyaayadhakshi, Sri Velnedunkanni.
- Theertham (Holy water):Ksheera Pushkarini, Milk pond (“Paal Kulam” in Tamil), Gaya Theertham, Lakshmi Theertham
- Thala Virutcham : Jasmine (Malligai).
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by :Saint Thirugnanasambanthar-1.
- Location: Sikkal, Nagapattinam, Tamil Nadu.
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 83rd Shiva Sthalams at Chozha Nadu on the Cauvery (Thenkarai) river’s southern shore.
In this temple, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
This temple is famous for its “Sikkal Singaravelar” Murugan.