Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 43rd Shiva Sthalam at Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai) on the southern bank of the Cauveri River. In this temple, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Natrunaiappar, Sri Swarnapureeswarar
- Ambal:Sri Parvatharaja Puthiri, Sri Swarnambikai,Sri Malayan Madanthai
- Theertham (Holy water):Swarna Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Shenbagam, Pinnai
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by :Saint Thirugnanasambanthar-1,Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar)-1, andSaint Sundaramurthy (Sundarar)-1.
- Location: Thiru Nanipalli (Punchai), Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
This is one of the 44 Paadal petra sthalams in which the Moovar (the three saints-Saint Thirugnanasambanthar, Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar) and Saint Sundaramurthy (Sundarar) made their Pathigams.
This is Birthplace of Saint Thirugnanasambanthar ‘s mother Bhagavathi Ammaiyar.
This temple, facing east, has a single corridor and there are no levels in its main tower. There are lovely sculptures depicting the “Panchamurthy” (Lord Shiva, Parvathy Goddess, Vinayakar, Murugan and Chandikeswarar) instead of the Gopuram.