Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 93rd Shiva Sthalams on the southern bank of the Cauveri River in Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai).
This temple facing east does not have a main tower (Rajagopuram) but it does have an arch at the entry.
- Moolavar:Sri Narthanapureeswarar, Sri Aadalvalla Nathar
- Ambal:Sri Balambikai, Sri Thirumadanthai Ammai
- Theertham (Holy water):Sangu Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Jack fruit tree
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by: Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar)-1.
- Location: Thalayalangadu, Thiruvarur, Tamil Nadu.
The last consecration ceremony (Maha Kumbabishekam) took place on 08.07.2012.
This position became known as Thalaiyalankaanam during the Sangam period. Thalaiyalankaanam was the battlefield on which Pandiya king Nedunchezhiyan fought over Chera and Chola ‘s united armies.
He subsequently assumed the title of “Thalaiyalankaanathu Seru Ventra Pandiyan” (“seru” means war, and “ventra” means Tamil conquered). This war is mentioned in detail in one of the Sangam epics “Puranaanooru”