Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
On the southern side of the River Cauvery, this is the 39th Sthalam. Thiruganasambandar and Appar sang hymns from this temple in praise of Lord Shiva. Mayiladuthurai town also known by various names such as Mayavaram or mayuram is home to a massive Shiva temple named the Temple of Mayuranatha Swami.
- Moolavar: Sri Mayuranathar
- Amman/Thayar : Sri Abyambikai, Sri Anjalnayaki
- Holy water (Theertham) : Rishaba Theertham, Brahma Theertham, Agastya Theertham
- Sacred Tree (Sthala Vriksham) : Mango
- Thevaram : Thiru Gnana Sambandhar ; Thirunavukkarasar
- Location : Mayiladuthurai. Nagapattinam, Tamil Nadu.
Lord Aadhi Mayuranathar grants thanks in prakara from a different shrine. Although the presiding deity is in the form of Shivalinga, Ambica seems to worship the Lord as a peacock.
In his Tirupugazh hymns Saint Arunagiriar praises Lord Muruga in prakara. Lord Muruga will be getting His Vel arm from Mother Ambica during the Skanda Sashti festival in Shiva temples.
Here, from Lord Shiva, He gets it. The dance performance of Lord Gouri Thandavam is celebrated as Mayura Thandavam-Mayura-peacock. Graces to Lord Nataraja from a different shrine. The evening’s first puja is dedicated to Lord Nataraja.