Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Temple Marundeeswarar is a Hindu temple dedicated to the god Shiva, located in T. Edaiyar, a village in the District of Viluppuram in Tamil Nadu, South Indian state. Shiva is decorated as Marundeeswarar, and the lingam is depicted. He is portrayed as Balambigai by his consort Parvati.
- Moolavar : Marundeesar – Krupapureeswarar
- Amman / Thayar : Gnanambikai, Chittridai Nayaki
- Thala Virutcham : Marudam
- Theertham : Chittridai theertham.
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Idayaaru
- Location : T.Idayaaru,Viluppuram, Tamil Nadu.
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams at Nadu Naadu and 13th Shiva Sthalam.
This ancient temple is believed to have been constructed during the time of the Chola dynasty. There are 18 stone inscriptions belonging to the Chola, Pandiyas, Vijayanagar and Chalukiyas periods.
In this temple, they portray Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvathy in their marriage pose. They can be seen opposite to each other. The Shrine of Lord Shiva faces west while the Shrine of Goddess faces east.?