Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 71st Shiva Sthalam on the southern bank of the Cauveri River in Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai).
This temple is counted as one of Chola King Kochenganan’s constructed Maadak Koils.
- Moolavar:Sri Madhuvaneswarar, Sri Brahatheeswarar,Sri Devaranyeswarar, Sri Prakasa Nathar.
- Ambal:Sri Madhu Vana Nayaki, Sri Periya Nayaki,Sri Deva Kaanthara Nayaki.
- Theertham (Holy water):Brahma Theertham, Sula Theertham, Deva Theertham.
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Vilvam.
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by :Saint Sundaramurthy (Sundarar)-1.
- Location:Nannilathu Perungkoil (Nannilam),Thiruvarur, Tamil Nadu.
The main tower of this East facing temple is not tiered. There is a lovely sculpture in place of the Gopuram depicting Lord Siva and Goddess Parvathy.
The last ceremony of consecration (Maha Kumbabishekam) was held on 14.09.2008 and before that, on 15.09.1996.
This place ‘s historical names are Sundaravani, Madhuvanam, Devaranyam, Sundaravanam, and Bruhathpuram;