Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 27th Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Vadakarai) on the northern bank of the Cauvery River. In this shrine, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Kutram Porutha Nathar, Sri Aparadha Kshameswarar
- Ambal:Sri Kolvalai Nayagi, Sri Vichitra Balambikai
- Theertham (Holy water):Indhra Theertham, Surya Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Kokudi Mullai (Jasmine)
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by:Saint Thirugnanasambanthar and Saint Sundaramurthy (Sundarar).
- Location: Thiru Karuppariyalur (Thalaignayiru),Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
There are two corridors in this east-facing temple and its main tower (Rajagopuram) has three-tiers.
The last ceremony of consecration (Maha Kumbabishekam) was held on the 22.03.1953.
Yuthigavanam, Thiru Karuppariyalur, Melaikkazhi, Kanmanasa Puram, Adhithyapuri, Thalaignayiru, Kokudikkoil and Kallar kottai are the historical names of this location.