Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
His is one of Nadu Naadu’s 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 4th Shiva Sthalam. Lord Shiva is a Swayambumurthi (self-manifested) in this temple. This is the birthplace of Saint Thiru Neelakanta Yazhpanar. The last ceremony of consecration (Maha Kumbabishekam) was held on 2 September 1996.
- Moolavar : Thirukumaraswami – Swedaranyeswarar
- Amman / Thayar : Veramulai Amman – Abhinna Kusa Nayaki
- Thala Virutcham : Vellerukku
- Theertham :Kandham, Sengazhuneer,Neelothpalam, Suvedham.
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Erukathampuliyur, Kumaresa Pattinam
- Location : Rajendrapattinam, Cuddalore,Tamil Nadu.
The lord here worshipped Sage Viyakrapathar, also called “Pulikkal Munivar” in Tamil, whose legs are thought to have been like those of a tiger (tiger is puli in Tamil). Indeed, this temple’s Sthala Viruksham is the white “erukku” (Calotropis) vine, hence this site gets the name “Erukkathampuliyur” (“Atham” means Tamil forest). Now the village is named Pattinam Rajendra.
Lords’ Hrines and Idols Kodi Vinayakar, Murugan and his consorts Kasi Viswanathar and Visalakshi, Sreenivasa Perumal, Mahalakshmi, Anjaneyar, Nalvar, Thiru Neelakanta Yazhpanar and his wife Madhanga Soolamani Ammaiyar, Sekkizhar, Dakshinamurthy, Brahma, Lingothbawar, Chandikeswarar, Navagraham, Suriyan, Chandiran,In the halls, one can see Saneeswaran, Bala Ganapathi, Bala Murugan and Ruthirasanmar.
Lots of white Erukku plants are evident in this temple ‘s outer corridor.