Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Kottaiyur Kodeeswarar Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Shiva, situated in Kottaiyur, a village in the outskirts of Kumbakonam, in Tamil Nadu, India, Thanjavur District. Shiva is worshipped as Koteeswarar, and Parvathi as Pandhadu Nayaki as his consort.
- Moolavar:Sri Koteewaraswamy
- Ambal:Sri Panthadunayaki Ammai, Sri Kanthuga Greedambal
- Theertham (Holy water): River Cauveri, Kodi Theertham (Amutha well)
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Castor oil plant
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by: Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar)-1.
- Location: Kottaiyur, Kumbakonam, Thanjavur,Tamil Nadu.
This is one of 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 44th Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Vadakarai) on the northern bank of the Cauvery River.
Koteecharam, Vilvaaranyam, and Herandapuram are historical names of this area.
This temple contains five stone inscriptions dating back to the periods of the Chola kings Rarathirajan and Kulothungan-III. It is believed that this temple was built by kings Chola and Pallava.