Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 94th Shiva Sthalam at Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai) on the southern bank of the Cauveri River. Lord Shiva in that temple is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Koneswarar, Sri Suryeswarar, Sri Birugu Nathar
- Ambal:Sri Periyanayaki, Sri Brahannayaki
- Theertham (Holy water):Amritha Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Vaazhai (Plantain tree)
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by:Saint Thirugnanasambanthar-2.
- Location:Kudavayil (Kudavasal), Thiruvarur, Tamil Nadu.
This temple is counted as one of the King Kochengat Cholan established Maadak Koils.
There are two passages to this west facing shrine, and the main tower is not tiered. There is a beautiful sculpture in place of the Gopuram which depicts Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvathy.
The last ceremony of consecration (Maha Kumbabishekam) was held in the year 2012 and before that on 27.06.1985 and 10.06.1970.