Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 24th Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Vadakarai) on the northern bank of the Cauvery River. In this shrine, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Iravadheswarar, Sri Madhyaneswarar
- Ambal:Sri Vasa Malarkkuzhal Nayaki, Sri Sugantha Kunthalaambigai
- Theertham (Holy water):Iraavadha Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Vilvam
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by:Saint Sundaramurthy (Sundarar).
- Location: Ethirkolpadi (Melai Thirumanancheri),Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
A 3-tiered main tower (Rajagopuram) has this west-facing temple and it has 2 corridors.
The last ceremony of consecration (Kumbabishekam) was held on 03.02.2016 and before that, on 22.08.2004.
According to the stone inscriptions available here, it is believed this ancient temple was constructed during the Chola King Kulothungan period.