Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Tirunallar Saniswaran Temple or Dharbaranyeswarar Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shani located in Tirunallar in Karaikal district of Pondicherry, India. The presiding deity is Shiva, Dharbaranyeswar and the place Tirunallar was traditionally called Dharbaranyam.
- Moolavar:Sri Dharbaranyeswarar, Sri Thirunallatreeswarar
- Ambal:Sri Bohamaartha Poonmulaiyaal, Sri Branambigai
- Theertham (Holy water):Brahma Theertham, Saraswathi (Vaani) Theertham, Nala Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Dharbai grass
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by :Saint Thirugnanasambanthar-4, Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar)-2 and Saint Sundaramurthy (Sundarar)-1.
- Location:Thirunallaru, Puducherry.
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 52nd Shiva Sthalam on the Southern bank of the river Cauveri in Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai).
Lord Shiva in this temple is a Swayambumurthi (self-manifested).
This is one of the “Saptha (seven) Vidanga Sthalams”.
This is one of the Shakti Peetam – known as “ Braneswari Peetam.This is one of the Navagraha sthalams and it is Lord Saneeswaran’s most famous temple.
This is one of the 44 Paadal petra sthalams where their Pathigams were made by the “Moovar” (the three saints – Saint Thirugnanasambanthar, Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar) and Saint Sundaramurthy (Sundarar).