Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
The Chandramowleeswarar Temple is dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva in Thiruvakkarai, a village in Villupuram district in Tamil Nadu, South Indian state. Constructed in the Dravidian architectural style, it is believed that the temple was built in the 10th century during the Cholas period.
- Moolavar : Chandramouleeswarar
- Amman / Thayar : Amirthambikai
- Thala Virutcham : Vilwa
- Theertham : Surya Pushkarini
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Vakrapuri
- Location : Tiruvakkarai,Viluppuram,Tamil Nadu.
This is one of Thondai Nadu’s 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams, and 30th Shiva Sthalam.
This temple has three halls, and it has 7-thirds of its main tower (Rajagopuram).
While this is a temple of Shiva, here the Goddess Vakrakali is more prominent.