Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Sri Bhaskareswarar, Parithiappar (Parithi Niyamam) temple is a Tamil temple in Thanjavur district , Tamil Nadu, India, situated at Parithiappar Koil. The temple in its manifestation as Parithiappar is dedicated to Shiva, as the presiding god of the moolavar. His consort, Mangalambikai, is known as Parvati.
- Moolavar : Bhaskareswarar, Parithiappar
- Amman / Thayar : Mangalambikai
- Thala Virutcham : Arasu (Bodhi tree)
- Theertham :Surya Pushkarini, Chandra Pushkarini Karunguzhi Theertham
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Parithi Niyamam
- Location : Parithiappar Koil,Thanjavur,Tamil Nadu.
Formerly, a serious illness had afflicted Sun God known as Parithi in Tamil. He gave in for salvation to Lord Shiva.
Lord suggested the Sun enter this spot, build a holy spring, instal a Shivalinga and worship Him. Sun followed Lord’s advice carefully and received relief from the sickness.
He is called Parithi Appar in Tamil as Lord Shiva graced the Sun and Bhaskhareswara in Sanskrit as He.