Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 1st Shiva Sthalams at Kongu Nadu. The Moolavar is Swayambumurthy (self-manifested). Avinashi (eternal) means imperishable.
- Moolavar: Sri Avinasi Appar / Sri Perungkediliyappar
- Ambal: Sri Karunambikai / Sri Perungkarunai Nayaki
- Theertham: Kasi Kinaru (well), Naga Kanni Theertham, Iravata Theertham, Kashi Gangai Theertham in the form of a well
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Pathiri Tree
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by:Saint Sundararamurthy Nayanar (Sundarar).
- Location: Avinashi, Tiruppur,Tamil Nadu.
Karunaiyaathaal Temple is the colloquial term for this temple.
Avinashi is referred to as Dakshin Kashi (South Varanasi).
The place’s historic name is “Tirupukkoliyur.” Thiru meaning God’s grace and Pukkoliyur means a place of refuge. It is said that once Devas, in fear of Asuras, took refuge at this temple.