Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 21st Shiva Sthalam in Chozha Nadu (Vadakarai) on the northern bank of the Cauvery River. In this shrine, Lord Shiva is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
There are two passages to this east facing temple and it does not have a main tower.
- Moolavar:Sri Arul Somanatha Swamy, Sri Gana Nardhana Sankarar, Sri Padi Padiya Devar
- Ambal:Sri Veyuru Tholiyammai, Sri Vedanayagi, Sri Aditya Abayapradambigai, Sri Adhigandhi Ammai
- Theertham (Holy water):Senkazhuneer Odai
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Mahizha tree (Bakula)
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by:Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar) andSaint Sundaramurthy (Sundarar).
- Location:Thiru Needur,Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu.
There is an arch at the entrance with lovely Lord Shiva statues, with Goddess Parvathy, on his bull horse, along with Vinayakar and Murugan statues.
On 05.04.2007 and before that, on 04.07.1985 and 30.06.1947, the last consecration ceremony (Maha Kumbabishekam) took place.
This is the birth place of one of the 63 Nayanmars, Saint Munaiyaduvar.