Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Amirthakadeswarar Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to the Shiva deity in Tamil Nadu , India, situated at Sakkottai. To Shiva is dedicated the temple. Shiva is worshipped as Amirthakadeswarar, and the lingam is represented here. Shown as Amirthavalli Amman is his consort Parvati.
- Moolavar : Amirthakadeswarar, Amirthakalasanathar
- Urchavar : Amirthakalasanathar
- Amman / Thayar : Amirthavalli
- Thala Virutcham : Vanni
- Theertham : Naalvedatheertham
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Kalayanallur
- Location : Sakkottai,Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu
This is one of 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 68th Shiva Sthalam at Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai) on the southern bank of the Cauveri River.
This temple facing east has a single passage, and its main tower is not tiered. There is a beautiful sculpture in place of the Gopuram which depicts Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvathy. However, it does have a 3-tiered tower at the second entry.
The last ceremony of consecration (Maha Kumbabishekam) was held on 22.10.2015 and before that, on 09.02.1992.