Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Amirthagateswarar Abhirami Temple is situated in India, in Nagapattinam, Tamil Nadu. This temple is synonymous with Shiva’s legend of saving his young devotee, Markendeya from death, and a saint ‘s tale of the presiding goddess, Abirami Pattar.
- Moolavar : Amirtha Kadeswarar
- Urchavar : Kala Samhara Murthy
- Amman / Thayar : Abhirami Amman
- Thala Virutcham/Tree : Vilwa
- Theertham : Amirtha Pushkarini, Ganga Theertham
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Thiru Kadavur
- Location : Thirukadaiyur, Nagapattinam,Tamil Nadu
Lord Brahmma went to Kailash to obtain the Gnana Upadesa (learning wisdom). Lord Shiva gave Brahmma the seeds of Vilwa tree, and asked him to sow them in different places on earth.
Where the seed germinates into a tree within an hour, the place of teaching shall be, said Lord Shiva. It occurred at Thirukadayur.
Brahmma’s teacher Shiva is worshipped in the temple as Adhi Vilwa Vana Nather has His own shrine.
The Devan started drinking the nectar without offering prayers to Lord Vinayaka who was only hiding the cup.
They realised their folly, and prayed to Vinayaka, got it from Him, and put it for Shiva Puja in this Thirudayur. It was Shiva Linga, when it opened.
As Lord Shiva emerged here from the Amirtha-nectar pot as a Swayamnu Linga He is worshipped as Amirtha Kadeswarar.