Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 62nd Shiva Sthalams on the southern bank of the Cauveri River in Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai).
- Moolavar :Sri Agnipureeswarar, Sri Agneeswarar.
- Ambal:Sri Gauri Parvathy.
- Theertham (Holy water):Agni Theertham.
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Vanni tree.
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by: Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar)-1.
- Location:Vanniyur (Anniyur),Thiruvarur, Tamil Nadu.
There is a single corridor in this east facing temple and there are 2-tiers in its main tower (Rajagopuram).
This temple does not have a ‘Dwajasthambam’ flag post.
On 21.08.2002, the last ceremony of consecration (Maha Kumbabishekam) took place.