Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
Abirameswarar Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to the Shiva deity, situated in thiruvamaathur, a village in Viluppuram district in Tamil Nadu, South Indian state. Shiva is worshipped as Abirameswarar, and the lingam is depicted here.
- Moolavar : Abirameswarar
- Amman / Thayar : Muthamman
- Thala Virutcham : Vanni and Kondrai
- Theertham :Ambalam Poompoigai (tank); Dandatheertham (well); Pampai (river)
- Old year : 1000-2000 years old
- Historical Name : Gomadhupuram, Thiruamathur
- Location : Tiruvamathur, Viluppuram,Tamil Nadu
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams in Nadu Naadu, and the 21st Shiva Sthalam.
Lord Shiva in that temple is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
This is one of the 44 Paadal petra sthalams in which the Moovar (the three saints-Saint Thirugnanasambanthar, Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar) and Saint Sundaramurthy (Sundarar) made their Pathigams.
At this place lived Vannacharabam Sri Dandapani Swamigal.