Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of the 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 92nd Shiva Sthalam on the Southern bank of the river Cauveri in Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai). Lord Shiva in that temple is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Abhi Muktheswarar, Sri Piriyaa Nathar,Sri Seshapureeswarar
- Ambal:Sri Abinambigai, Sri Niraikonda Nayaki,Sri Elavar Kuzhali, Sri Minnanaiyalammai
- Theertham (Holy water):Saravana Poikai, Agni Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Vanni tree
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by:Saint Thirugnanasambanthar-1,Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar)-1.
- Location:Thiru Peruvelur (Manakkal Ayyampettai), Thiruvarur, Tamil Nadu.
To planet Sukran, this is a “parihara sthalam.” This is the place of origin of “Lalitha Thirisathai.”
This temple is counted as one of Chola King Kochenganan ‘s created Maadak Koils.
In the halls, besides the shrines of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvathy, the shrines and idols of Vinayakar, Murugan with his consorts, Natarajar, Somaskandar, Mahalakshmi, Navagraham, Saneeswarar, Suryan, Thirugnanasambanthar, Thirunavukkarasar, Sundarar, Vaikunta Narayana Perumal, Chandikeswarar and Yoga Chandikeswarar can be seen with his wife.