Rengha Holidays & Tourism Private Limited, the reliable DTO (Domestic…
This is one of 276 Devara Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams and 31 Shiva Sthalams at Chozha Nadu (Thenkarai) on the southern bank of the Cauveri River. Lord Shiva in that temple is a (self-manifested) Swayambumurthi.
- Moolavar:Sri Aabathsakayeswarar
- Ambal:Sri Pavalakkodi Ammai, Sri Vandar Karumenkuzhal Mangai
- Theertham (Holy water):Sakaya Theertham, Surya Theertham
- Sthala Vriksham (Sacred Tree):Pavazha Malli tree
- Pathigam (Hymn) rendered by :Saint Thirugnanasambanthar and Saint Thirunavukarasar (Appar)
This temple facing east has a three-tiered main tower (Rajagopuram), with two halls.
The last ceremony of consecration (Kumbabishekam) was held on 21.04.2000 and before that, on 28.04.1955.
This ancient temple is situated on the Cauveri River ‘s southern banks.